Translate

Friday, September 3

Raspberry Scones

I just made my way back to Montreal, finally moved into my new studio and sorted out paperwork etc! Its good to be back especially since this term is my last ever term so there is a lot to do and a lot to see! I would love to go visit Toronto and the Niagara falls in the next two weeks. In the mean time, here is a delicious recipe for raspberry scones. Everyone who knows me knows that I am not a big scones fan, but these were moist, and very yummy. They tasted a bit like brioche. A definite must try for a delicious simple snack.
Ingredients:
  • 250g flour
  • 25g sugar
  • 1tsp baking powder
  • A pinch of salt
  • 55g butter (cut in small pieces)
  • 15cl buttermilk (lait ribot)
  • 75g raspberries
  • Egg wash

  1. Preheat oven at 190 degrees Celsius.
  2. In a bowl, mix the butter with the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. You should obtain a grainy consistency. 
  3. Add the milk. Mix. 
  4. Add the raspberries. 
  5. Make a ball shaped dough, don't hesitate to add a bit of flour if the dough is too sticky. 
  6. Spread the dough in between two baking sheets. It should be about 3cm thick. 
  7. Cut out scones shapes. I used a glass. 
  8. Put the scones on a silpat or parchment paper. Egg wash them. 
  9. Bake for 15 minutes until golden. 
  10. Enjoy!


*Alternatively you could put cranberries or strawberries. 
* If you do not have any buttermilk, just put 1tbsp of vinegar in your milk and let sit for 5 minutes. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails