Translate

Friday, January 22

Apricot and Cherry Crumble

Last night, I was feeling extremely bored so I decided to bake! I didn't know what I was going to bake, so I looked at Cyril Lignac's Les 100 meilleurs desserts - a very good book! In it was a recipe for a cherry crumble... I was in luck I had cherries in the fridge!!! I decided to make this crumble with a twist by adding apricots to the mix, it was very good! Mine was a bit too sweet, so I lowered the sugar in the recipe I am giving you! Charles and Anne-Claire both enjoyed it, and it was finished this morning at breakfast. Because it is a crumble, the pictures aren't great. How do you make a crumble look good? If you have any tips, let me know!

Ingredients:

  • 500 g of cherries (remove the pits)
  • A can of apricots (you can use fresh apricots, I just didn't have any!)
  • 75g of butter
  • 4 tbsp of honey
  • 100g of sugar
  • 100g of flour
  • 60g of almond powder
  1. Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
  2. In your baking pan, set the cherries cut in half (without pits) at the bottom. They must cover the entire bottom of your pan. 
  3. In a little pan, heat the honey until it melts and bubbles appear. Remove from the stove and put it over the cherries and mix. 
  4. Cut the apricots in slices or cubes and put on top of the cherries. 
  5. In a bowl mix the flour, sugar, butter and almond powder to get a crumble-ey consistency and put on top of the cherry/apricot mix. 
  6. Put in the oven for about 30 minutes. 
  7. Enjoy!!

* You can add rosemary leaves to your honey while it melts, so it gets a nice flavour. Do not forget to remove the leaves before putting the honey on the cherries. 
* Alternatively you can use lavender honey for a little extra taste. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails