Translate

Monday, May 10

Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Oops! I apologize for the lack of posts on my part but things have been crazy busy. In the past two weeks, I have been swamped with finals, moving out of the flat, mom's visit in Montreal for a week, and moving into Livia's. Finally, I am catching up on shows and relaxing lots! Anyhow, now that I have a baking/cooking partner (the amazing Livia) I will be posting more stuff on the blog. Sorry that the pictures are so bad, it is getting harder and harder to take nice pictures without a professional photographer around! Maybe I will start employing Amina! Anyhow, these cookies were delicious and VERY healthy. They are gluten free and only have 110 calories per cookie, and 8 grams of fat. Livia found the recipe in her magazine 'Clean Eating' - I highly recommend their magazines!
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup unsalted almond butter, stirred well. 
  • 3/4 cup sucanat (we used normal sugar)
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt
  • 3 oz dark chocolate broken into pieces (recipe calls for 70% or greater)
  1. Preheat oven to 350 F. 
  2. In a bowl, mix the first five ingredients until well blended. 
  3. Add the chocolate pieces and blend well. 
  4. On a baking sheet, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls. 
  5. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. 
  6. Let cool. 
  7. Enjoy!
* You could add some white chocolate chips
* You could substitute the almond butter with cashew butter

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails