Translate

Tuesday, December 15

Fabulous Green Apple Crumble

A bad day often calls for delicious comfort food. Let's just say that in my case, the delicious comfort food came before i realized i was having a bad day - needless to say it helped making this day slightly better. I love apple crumbles and I love green apples, yet more often than not, these two don't go together. Having lots of green apples in the fridge that I wanted to get rid off, I decided to give it a go. My god was it delicious, I got compliments from Anne-Claire and Charles who both said it was the best apple crumble I ever made - and i have to admit it truly was amazing. The texture was perfect, not too sour and not too sweet. I can't wait to make this crumble again.
You'll notice that once again, Anne-Claire was unavailable and I was left alone to do all the photographing... epic fail.
Ingredients:
  • 6-7 green apples
  • 130g of caster sugar
  • 50g of almond powder
  • 130g of flour
  • 75g of butter
  • 1tsp of vanilla essence
  1. Use a shredder to shred the apples into thin thin bits (much like when you are making potatoe pancakes). 
  2. Put the shredded apples into a pan, add the vanilla and sprinkle some sugar. 
  3. To make the crust combine, sugar + butter + flour + almond powder until you reach a crumbly/ sand-like texture. 
  4. Sprinkle on top of the apples making sure you cover everything. 
  5. Put in the oven at 200 degrees celsius until the crust is golden brown (roughly 25-30 minutes). 
  6. Enjoy and EAT! 

* Always plan for extra sugar, you do not want the crumble to be too sour.
* This crumble doesn't last long!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails