Translate

Wednesday, December 16

Tomato Mozzarella Tart

I absolutely love anything remotely similar to caprese salad - it goes without saying it is the best thing in the world! My mom makes the best tomato mozzarella tart - let me tell you it is just divine! I give her all the props to raising me with great food! Her tart is to die for, and thank god for me she gave me the recipe. Since then I have adapted it a little but right now i will share her recipe because it is a good starting point and starting base. Thanks mom for feeding me oh so well!
Ingredients:

  • 3-4 big tomatoes
  • mozzarella cheese grated
  • salt
  • pepper
  • italian herbs if you want some
  • 250g flour
  • 80g warm water
  • 80g oil
  • 1 tsp of baking powder
  1. Put your tomatoes in boiling water for 1 minute. Take them out and put them under fresh water and peel off the skin. Once the skin is peeled, slice the tomatoes and salt them. Put them in a dish so their water can drain. 
  2. In the mean time do your crust. Put the flour + baking powder + salt together. Add the oil and water and with a spoon mix it all together. Don't work your dough too much. Leave it out for about 10 minutes and then roll out in a thin crust. 
  3. Put the crust in a pie dish. Alternate between one tomato slice and one mozzarella slice. 
  4. Salt and pepper the tart. If you wish you may add some italian herbs. 
  5. Put in the oven at 220 degrees Celsius for about 40 minutes or until golden. 
  6. Enjoy!

* You should eat it hot its delicious.
* You can freeze slices and pop them in the microwave at a later date.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Oh, this sounds really delicious!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails